Eleven reasons why the Obama administration and non-progressive Democrats are really conservative Republicans in sheep's clothing and do not deserve your vote:
1. Supports warrantless surveillance of American citizens as evidenced by the renewal of the Patriot Act.
2. Supports indefinite detention without due process of law which continues today at Guantanamo Bay and black sites around the world.
3. Supports rendition where torture continues to this present day.
4. Drone strikes on civilians. All military aged men are automatically considered "enemy combatants".
5. Secondary drone strikes on rescue workers and funeral attendees.
6. For always compromising with the Republicans. The Obama administration killed the public health care option, extended the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy and showed willingness to put Social Security and Medicare on the chopping block.
7. Passed the NDAA Act of 2012 with the 1021(b)(2) provision to apprehend American citizens on American soil and held in indefinite detention without a shred of due process of law. And for appealing (and continuing to appeal) the Federal Court decision that ruled the clause unconstitutional.
8. Assassination of three American citizens without a warrant, conviction, Grand Jury or any other due process of law.
9. For having policies or actions that has been questioned in the courts dismissed under the "national security secrets" defense. And then to leak information when it suits them on exactly those same secrets that the Obama administration refused to disclose in the courts. The drone strikes are a perfect example. Shh, they're secret.
10. Our two-tiered justice system where all Bush administration personelle were protected from prosecution by the Obama administration. Ditto for Wall Street financiers and bankers. Meanwhile, not one wrongfully detained or tortured person has been permitted in the Federal courts to sue the US government.
11. The Obama administration's war on whistleblowers. At the same time the government continues to relentlessly prosecute whistleblowers who reveal illegalities, corruption and inefficiencies of the military and government agencies under the archaic 1917 WWI Espionage Act; the Obama administration continues to leak classified information when it is self-serving.
It's time for Democrat supporters to realize that their party is no longer a liberal party. It's a conservative party with more in common with the Republicans than anyone would care to admit. The only difference is that we've been divided and conquered on authoritarian/non-authoritarian issues. If you vote Democrat or Republican then you get the government you deserve: a corporate financed and controlled government who keep empowering themselves at the expense of our freedom and liberty.
- Chris Hedges and his lawsuit to strike down section 1021(b)(2) of the NDAA 2012:We Won—for Now
- Joahua Holland's interview of Jonathan Weiler: AlterNet Radio
- "Stop Me Before I Vote Again" by Michael J. Smith.