- The UN is currently investigating whether chemical weapons were recently used in Syria —not whether Assad's regime used chemical weapons. "In his press appearance Monday, Secretary of State John Kerry, who intervened with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon to call off the investigation, dismissed the U.N. investigation as coming too late to obtain valid evidence on the attack" (source) In other words, even before the U.N. has concluded its investigation, US authorities are saying that no conclusive evidence will be found. The US apparently can't even wait for the 4-day investigation to conclude.
- June: The U.N. couldn't conclude who used chemical weapons in March with both sides blaming the other. (source)
- May: UN investigator suggests it was Syria's rebels who used chemical weapons. The U.N. later back peddled on the claim.
- December 2012: Youtube video surfaces of alleged Syrian rebels testing chemical weapons on rabbits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6O-gApVrU
- August 2012: Obama warns Syria not to cross 'red line' "to neither use nor move chemical or biological weapons."
- Obama Is Implementing Plans For War Throughout the Middle East Created 10 Years Ago by the Neocons
- 2007: The Redirection & Escalation of US Iran military planning part of six-year Administration push
- Major Wars and Suppression of American Freedoms Planned BEFORE 9/11
- 1991: Neoconservatives Planned Regime Change Throughout the Middle East and North Africa 20 Years Ago, US General Wesley Clark: War on Syria Planned in 1991 as Part of Middle East Land Grab & Wes Clark and the neocon dream
Also, see this interactive map of Syria and its neighbors: Syrian civil war: Not just about Syria
My previous entry on Syria: US positioning to invade Syria
There are other reports demanding proof of chemical weapons. Not that some of us really care if Assad used chemical weapons or not. The US entering another war would just be another US disaster:
- To some, US case for Syrian gas attack, strike has too many holes
- Truthdiggers of the Week: Skeptics of Obama’s Syrian Weapons Claims
- Found at last! After searching for 10 years, the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction have finally been found – in Syria!
- 12 Very Good Reasons Why America Should Stay Out of Syria
- As U.S. Pushes For Syria Strike, Questions Loom over Obama Claims in Chemical Attack
- Alan Grayson On Syria Strike: 'Nobody Wants This Except The Military-Industrial Complex'