- VIDEO: Clearly Demonstrates That Most Welfare Goes To Rich
- 5 Reasons To Support A Guaranteed Income For All
- Is Minimum Wage Another Distraction? Let’s talk Basic Income, Shall We?
- VIDEO: Class, Race, and War - Resistance Report One-Hour Pilot
- Remembering The Officially Deleted Dr. King
- The 99%’s Deficit Proposal
- Time for an Economy, Of, By and For the People
- There Will Never Be Enough Jobs
Sunday, March 30, 2014
This is an issue that I feel very strongly about. Along with universal healthcare, a GNI (Guaranteed National Income) would be all the social safety net we would ever need. Let the plutocrats have their capitalism! The website www.popularresistance.org The video below makes the best argument for a GNI yet:
Check these out:
Monday, March 3, 2014
Reblogged from PopularResistance.org
March 1st, 2014
Ninety percent of American media is controlled by five big, for-profit-conglomerates, creating a media monopoly of informational and social control never before possible. The overwhelming collective power of these firms raises troubling questions about democracy. Using a handful of in-depth cases out of a vast array of examples, speaking with renowned journalists, activists, and others, Shadows of Liberty reveals the hidden machinations of the news media, drawing into focus the vast mechanisms of censorship, cover-ups, and corporate control that have been built up over many decades. Journalists are prevented from pursuing controversial news stories, people are censored for speaking out against abuses of government power, and individual lives are shattered as the arena for public expression has been turned into a vessel for advertising, warmongering and distraction. Will the Internet remain ‘free’, or succumb to the same control by the same handful of powerful, monopolistic corporations–as we see?